Hiring for an International Organization a consultant to develop a strategic framework supported by a practical and standardized Complaints Management and Feedback Mechanism Policy and Procedures (CMFMPP) and workflow and provide team coaching plan with an implementation roadmap to incorporate and integrate the outcomes of this consultancy in the management and operation system of the four water establishments of Lebanon.
Developing a strategic framework with complaints management and feedback mechanism policy and procedures is a flagship initiative and this consultancy aims at establishing a scooping assessment and formulate alternative models for stakeholders’ capacity development, communication and engagement.
The prospective consultant should have extensive experience working with and/or advising complaint mechanisms projects and institutions.
Master’s Degree in business administration, public policy, public affairs, governance, utility management, quality assurance, communications or equivalent in social science or a sector relevant to one aspect of complaint mechanisms; in place of a master’s degree, a Bachelor degree with 7 years of experience will be accepted.
Years of experience:
• 10 cumulative years of experience in:
o General management and administrative policy and procedures;
o Governance either with a national or local institution or with development organizations;
o Customer services improvement;
o Developing and advising on complaint mechanisms, civic engagement and feedback loop mechanisms or any other accountability governance mechanisms;
o Business process development and quality assurance policy and standards;
o Facilitation skills, ideally with experience facilitating consultations and workshops on complaint mechanisms.
The consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Review materials and documents including relevant policies and procedures as well as previous assessments and findings to gain insights into existing and planned complaints mechanisms;
• Draft a short report based on conducted interviews with water establishments officials and a desk review for the existing complaint mechanisms framework and short presentation on existing models and international experience in complaint management and feedback mechanisms;
• Meet with key stakeholders and conduct a scoping study on existing mechanisms, entry points and existing capacities;
• Based on the consultancy report, produce a short summary of recommendations and develop a standard model for complaints management and feedback mechanism;
• Support WEs’ project team in designing presentation and communication tools on the standard model for complaints management and feedback mechanism;
• Produce proposed roadmap to implement the proposed and approved model based on feedback and consultation conducted with WEs and external stakeholders; roadmap should include priority step, identify key partners and entry points, as well as identify processes for harmonization, etc.
• Design workflow and do the necessary stress test to ensure that the designed workflow complies with the existing water services laws, internal rules and regulations, and applicable policy and procedures;
• Suggest the necessary amendments on the current and applicable internal regulations and laws;
• Establish and apply best practices in complaints management and feedback mechanism
• Develop KPIs relevant to business practices and needs
• Conduct analysis for complaints type to enhance WEs problem solving strategy and tactics (quantitative and qualitative)
• Develop monitor and evaluation methodology and best practices to be applied by WEs;
• Present the final deliverables in both English and Arabic.
Experience8 Years +