The required tasks and duties of midwives in the primary health care (PHC) center
- Act as the entry point to the reproductive health (RH) services at the PHC center.
- Provide regular follow up with pregnant women at the PHC to ensure they attended minimum four antenatal care visits, one post-natal visit to avoid complications.
- Prepare pregnant women for birth through training exercises and educate women on personal hygiene.
- Provide family planning counseling, in addition to counseling on maternal and child health at the PHC level, as well as at community level.
- Conduct health education and awareness sessions with regards to RH services in the PHC and community outreach targeting both men and women.
- Prevent contamination through cleaning material and sterilization of the medical equipment at the PHC.
- Organize and keep complete basic health information and health files for all beneficiaries on RH services.
- Conduct screening for STIs and Pap smear tests as needed.
- Educate mothers about the importance of breastfeeding, immunization, and how to take care of their children.
- Follow-up with home visits as needed.
- Compile monthly statistical report on the number of pregnant women followed up, women & men provided with FP counseling as well as beneficiaries targeted through health education at the PHC and community level.
- Report data on the people reached through outreach RH awareness, number of people referred to the PHC as well as RH indicators at the PHC level (ANC, PNC, FP counseling etc.)
Midwife reports to and is accountable to the to the PHC Director, and MoPH PHC Coordinator will follow up with PHC Director. The PHC Director will monitor her work on daily basis and monthly reporting will be provided to both.
Qualifications & requirements
- Holder of a relevant university degree in midwifery “sage-femme”
- Holder of a license from the Ministry of Public Health recognizing the validity of the degree obtained and authorizing the applicant to practice the midwifery profession
- Must be patient, dedicated and possess good communication skills
- Must abide at all times by the ethics pertaining to the midwifery profession.
Offerd Salary0- $1,000