• Bachelor’s degree in mass communications, marketing communications, journalism, audio-visual communications, business management and marketing.
Years of experience:
• At least 2 (two) years of relevant work experience in communication, social media and marketing.
• A good knowledge in developing, planning and implementing strategy and tactics in the fields of communications, social media, social marketing, community mobilization and engagement;
• Knowledge of managing the content and posting on website, mobile application, and social media;
• Basic knowledge in brand management, image and reputation management
• Has the skills to manage visibility and outreach for complex situations to meet BMLWE expectation and to manage complex situation related to multi-partners needs for co-branding related to public events and activities with partners
• Basic knowledge of illustrator and Photoshop is an asset.
Other skills and expertise will be considered as assets:
• Knowledge of the Lebanese context is a strong asset;
• Experience in working with UNICEF or the UN is an asset;
• Political sensitivity/awareness is preferable and a strong asset;
• Proven ability to work effectively in an inter-disciplinary, multi-cultural and multilingual environment are highly considered and important.
The Communications Consultant will cover all needed tasks and actions within the affected areas and deal with the affected population and respond to their thirst of information about the water public services. The consultant will work directly under the supervision of the Director General of BMLWE with the guidance and mentorship of WASH Communications Specialist, C4D, Communication at UNICEF, the consultant will be in charge of the followings:
– Develop communications strategic plan for BMLWE and ensure that the plan is properly implemented and in alignment with the general guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to be developed;
– Develop a manual for communications, advocacy, customer relations and community engagement services and activities (e.g., policies, procedures, workflow, forms, instructions, KPIs and metrics for performance evaluation, etc.).
– Work closely with Director General of BMLWE, key staff and external agencies to support implementation of visibility and communication plans, social media, and assist in managing the owned communications channels;
– Developing/updating capacity statements and project summaries;
– Creating dashboards for all active projects’ findings;
– Writing project success stories to be posted on BMLWE owned channels (e.g. website, mobile app, social media platforms, internal channels for dissemination and/or shared with the donors upon request;
– Liaise with WASH program team to collect and receive necessary information on emergency and post emergency projects planned and implemented in the affected areas for the best interest of the affected population;
– Advocate for a transparent communication with the public;
– Support BMLWE current communications system and work modalities, and work with BMLWE to ensure the sustainability and continuity of communication, advocacy, and community engagement activities;
– Running all organization’s communication tasks, including, but not limited to, website content, social media accounts, brochures, press releases, internal bulletins, posters, etc.;
– Formulating high-quality written and visual content, in three languages (Arabic, French, English), for each of the above-mentioned media channels;
– Develop internal communications plan to improve employees’ engagement, as one of key stakeholders for BMLWE;
– Contribute in building and organizing the corporate library of publications and communications materials for BMLWE. (e.g., print materials, photos, ads, campaigns, circulars, audio-visuals, presentations, viral videos, social media, TVC, etc…);
– Establish and maintain contacts with traditional and electronic media outlets;
– Build a solid social media presence, including through relevant influencers;
– Manage BMLWE online communities to ensure respectful and appropriate engagement;
– Research the latest digital tools and interactive trends;
– Run integrated and cost-effective digital strategies (from social media to email etc…);
– Analyze and report on media campaigns;
– Assist in creating other communication materials as requested.
IndustryMarketing & Communications